Our customers come to us because they want the best deals around, and we often get asked to find the cheapest holiday possible. Here’s our list of top tips for getting the most out of your money and finding that perfect bargain break.
- Dates are important when you travel- try to stay flexible and if possible, avoid travelling at peak times such as during the school holidays.
- Good times to travel are mid april-mid may, mid june-mid july and mid september to mid october.
- Try going on holiday for 4, 6 or 9 days rather than the usual 7, 10 or 14 days as this will reduce flight prices.
- Midweek is a good time to travel as prices are often more expensive at weekends.
- Book as far in advance as possible.
- Summer getaways in Majorca and Benidorm will always be cheap and cheerful– these are really popular holiday destinations.
- Try some of the lesser known holiday destinations such as Playa de Palma in Majorca for some dead cheap holidays.
- You can find some really good deals to Portugal if you travel outside of school holidays and for non typical lengths of time.
- Accommodation in Turkey is always a steal, but make sure you scout around for the best deals on flights.
- For some winter sun, Egypt and the Canaries will provide some fab offers between November and the first 3 weeks of December but make sure you book early.
- The golden rule of finding cheap flights is that the earlier you book, the better. Although people often try to get last minute bargains, flights will usually be more expensive closer to the date of travel because rates are determined on demand and availability.
- Most airlines will allow a 10kg hand luggage allowance, so if possible, take advantage of this and don’t take hold luggage unless you really have to. It will often be cheaper to take hand luggage and buy your toiletries at a cheap supermarket in resort.
- Try to share hold baggage– 3 or 4 people going on holiday can usually share 2 lots of hold luggage if they pack well (girls, leave your 10th bikini for that week long holiday at home!)
- When you search for flights on www.alpharooms.com, pay attention to the yellow box at the top of the page telling you when is the cheapest day to travel! If you’re flexible on dates this can be great for saving money.
- Work out whether it’s cheaper or not to travel to another airport in the UK- you could get way cheaper flights but end up paying more to get there!
- Pre-book your transfers from the airport to the hotel- a shuttle bus will cost you less than flagging an expensive airport taxi on the day!
- Don’t book more rooms than you need– 4 passengers in a party don’t necessarily need 2 rooms for 2 people each. Instead, save money by booking 1 room with 4 people. you’ll be given options for 1 and 2 bedroom apartments where some people sleep in a bed and others can sleep on the sofas (they can actually be quite comfy too!)
- Don’t be too quick to judge hotels based on star ratings. A higher star rating doesn’t always mean a better hotel- this is purely based on the facilities available, so if you don’t need the facilities, don’t pay for them! A 1 or 2 star hotel can still be of a great standard and you’ll still enjoy a fantastic holiday.
- Go all inclusive! Although it might cost a few £’s more per day than half or full board at the time of booking, an all inclusive holiday can save money in the long run because all food and drink is included- this means you don’t have to worry about saving as much spending money for your trip!
Discount codes and special offers.
Still not satisfied with your bargain getaway? alpharooms regulary offer discount codes and special offers– here’s how to get one!
- Become a fan on Facebook. you’ll be the first to hear about our special offers and of any competitions we’re running.
- Follow us on Twitter– we often run RT & follow comps where people can win vouchers.
- Enter our surveys that are posted out on social media and through email- we often offer discount codes as prizes for entrants.
- Read the newsletter– it’s full of hotels with discounts and special offers.
- Take part in Where in the World Wednesday for your chance to win a £20 alpharooms.com voucher.
- You’ll be offered a discount code for money off your next booking on your welcome home email- make sure you read it and use the code before it runs out!
- Enter the £400 giveaway on the website pop under box, just by signing up to the newsletter- you can only enter once though!
- Leave a review after your holiday- you’ll be entered into our review competition to win a voucher code.
- Keep reading the blog- we’ll keep you well informed on all the deals and discount codes you need!